Saturday, May 18, 2013

Moving along. Slowly

JT was still unable to get working on my exhaust system. Spent most of the week finding a quality shop that could quickly fit me in.  Two or three months ago this would not have been a problem. Now that spring has sprung in the Midwest all the good fabricators are busy.   The current plan is to deliver the car to a shop this coming Tuesday.  They promise it back by Friday. 

Also spent time on the dry sump tank design and agreed with Saldana Racing on a modification of DP's suggested tank. In addition, I made a cardboard mock up of the tank. This is now taped in it's place so that the exhaust fabricator will know how much room he has to deal with.

DP shipped a care package of needed parts Wednesday. I hope this includes the floor boards and at least the driver's seat so that I'll be able to mount pedals and get working on the steel lines for the clutch and brakes.

After the exhaust is done, I'll pull the engine and get the frame powder coated. Once that happens, progress should speed up. I hope!

1 comment:

  1. How about some pictures of the car with cardboard tank and some overall shots - all I can see are the close up's you posted
    Thanks for keeping us up to date - good progress
    Graeme

    ReplyDelete