Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Added lower trans mount. Modified dry sump manifold.

DP suggested that I fabricate a link between the bottom of the Porsche transaxle and the frame to absorb rear wheel torque. When the engine torque is multiplied by my 9.01 overall 1st. gear trans ratio and fed thru to the rear axles, this would be well over 4,600 ft. lbs.  IF the tires were able to hook up 100%. Sounded like a good idea so I did it.


Also modified AN-12 45* fittings so that when welded to GM's LS7 dry sump hose manifold, the hoses to and from the dry sump tank will not interfere with the chassis, exhaust pipe or motor mounts.


The mufflers arrived on time but J.T. the header guy is still trying to finish his current project so that he can work on my exhaust system.

I wish this was February. I want to be driving this thing. Working on it and solving normal issues is fun but driving and racing the car is what it is all about for me.

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of the added lower support too. Because the engine is rubber mounted, the gearbox mount will see the full engine torque, (450 ftlbs?,plus the effect of dropping the clutch... Maybe you want to gusset it? I wouldn't think the wheel torque is so much of a concern as you have the long distance front to rear between the engine and gb mounts to handle that.

    Great detail in the blog. keep it coming!

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John. The engine made 516.7 ft. lbs. of torque!

    ReplyDelete