Sunday, May 19, 2013

Ready to load into my trailer and gain an exhaust system

Graeme asked for pix of the full car as it is now.
It is now in my trailer and ready to go next Tuesday to the shop that will fabricate the exhaust pipes to the mufflers and tail pipes from the mufflers to the back. Note my high tech cardboard dry sump tank. This should suffice as a place holder for the exhaust fabricator until the real tank arrives from Saldana. Also note the overly long stock GM wiring harness. I've begun to figure out where and how to shorten it so that it fits the D2.
This view shows the left rear of the car. Note the brackets and mounting for the engine oil to engine coolant heat exchanger. The fabricator will weld the AN-8 oil and AN-10 coolant fittings to my modified GM oil cooler. As shown in a previous post it would not fit within the frame rails . Also note the nice air inlet duct that DP fabricated.  It picks up cool and filtered air from a high pressure area upstream of the left radiator and feeds it thru the 4" ID duct to the engine's throttle body.  I hope to be able to post another update Friday that shows the completed exhaust system.

2 comments: