Friday, June 21, 2013

It drives!

The throttle linkage is now done, I rebled the clutch hydraulics, waited for the rain to stop and the streets to dry. Then put it in first gear and drove it around the block! Hooray.
Note the birds chirping when the car is pulled back into the driveway. It truly is quiet. My initial impressions are that the steering, despite the 50% faster ratio is still quite light and the car is easy to turn. Also the selection of the first gear ratio is excellent.  The car is very easy to start from rest but will still go 60 MPH in first gear at the engine's redline. The brakes are also plenty sensitive without to much foot pressure.

Now onward to the shifter linkage and dashboard.

2 comments:

  1. Great progress! You are teasing us with the low resolution video's. Can you use HD? or some more detailed pictures.....

    I may have to visit to see it myself.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know about HD. The pix we transmit are plenty sharp. BlogSpot must reduce the size somehow. I am open to suggestions if anyone can tell me how to improve the resolution. HELP!

    You are welcome to visit almost any time. Let me know what works for you John.

    ReplyDelete