Monday, June 17, 2013

Got another PFP

(Package from Portland) that contained the foot pedal and battery mounting plates.  The final mounting for the battery is now done.

I spent much of the weekend experimenting with different master cylinder sizes for the clutch.  Smaller cylinders make the pedal easier to push but require more foot pedal movement. Consequently softer pedals would take longer to shift gears. I decided on 7/8" being the best compromise and ordered a new Wilwood "compact" size master cylinder today. My test cylinders were in the older - large size cylinders that I had left over from the Stalker.  There is not enough room for the old style to be permanently mounted in the D2.

Tonight was spent designing the routing for and building the front brake hydraulic lines. Hopefully the master cylinder will arrive tomorrow and I'll be able to finish the brake and clutch plumbing. 

Progress is being made.

No comments:

Post a Comment