Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Now over 2100 road miles


We arrived home from the Ambush last night. I think all the folks involved had a great time. Denise and I certainly did. Thanks a ton to Paul Whittle for finding and guiding us on the super roads of N. Georgia, Tennessee and N. Carolina.  He also found several great restaurants for the group to visit. 

The D2 ran flawlessly (except for the brake light switch) and handles amazingly well.  In total we put over 1150 miles on it over the 8 days we drove it in the mountains. Total miles now exceed 2160.

Check out the following video.  Please note that I have my wife convinced that the speedometer reads about 40% to high. Please don't tell her :) . 

There are a couple of places that show the wrist strap for my kill switch swinging to the side. I think a 45* angle on that strap indicates 1.0 G lateral acceleration in a turn.  Also note how quiet it is and how quickly it accelerates.
 We have more videos and will attempt to post better files within the next couple of days.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you did TN route 30, Pikeville, Fall Creek Falls, Spencer (my home)?
    Mick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mick,
    We missed those towns/roads. We were mostly in the Helen, Clayton GA; Highlands, Franklin and Cashiers TN/NC. There are many great roads in that area. Maybe you can join us next year.

    ReplyDelete