Monday, September 2, 2013

Got another Package From Portland

It contained the window wiper parts. Spent much of the weekend making a bracket and installing it.  Have also been driving the car. Over 900 miles so far.

How many kit cars have a two speed wiper with adjustable  intermittent feature?  Mine does!  Pix tomorrow.

I've also finally installed the dry sump oil tank temperature sensor and wired it to my MoTeC CDL3 dashboard.

The next step is to connect my engine oil to engine coolant heat exchanger. The heat exchanger came with the LS7 engine and has been installed since the beginning but I never routed engine oil thru it. Now that I have the oil temp sensor connected I can record back to back tests and see how much faster engine oil comes up to temp and how much cooler it ends up when running the engine hard.

We plan to leave this Thursday for "The Ambush". This is a week long gathering of mostly Lotus 7 guys in the Smoky Mountains of North Georgia, Tennessee and North Carolina. We will spend most of our time driving the most fun roads I've ever found. Hilly, Curvy, Smooth Roads thru beautiful country with little traffic.  Also a great group of people. We might even have a beer or two over dinner and talk about the good times:).

No comments:

Post a Comment