Saturday, April 11, 2015

Orlando Speed World Drag Strip

When in Florida we trailered UGGS to a Wednesday night Test and Tune Session at a drag strip. Nice people and nice facility but the weather was super humid and drag strip traction was quite limited. We made several runs but had trouble getting the car hooked up. As an example there was so much dew and borderline fog that I used the windshield wiper to get moisture off the windshield before my last couple of runs!

Another problem was that my Toyo R888 rear tires are worn out. They show the wear strips and are heat cycled out. I was still getting wheel spin in 3rd gear at over 100 MPH. Definitely time to get new tires.

My best run had a 60' time of 1.9 seconds and 1/4 mile of 11.0 at 133 mph.  I think the car can and will do much better with better driving from me, tires and track conditions.  I was hopeful that UGGS would beat my Stalker's best times of 1.5, 9.94 and 141.5 (on drag slicks).  Time will tell.

A fun thing was that a TV crew interviewed Denise and I at the end of the night. They are making some kind of documentary about Auto Sports for teens and promised to let me know how to find it when it airs. Unfortunately we neglected to get contact info for the team that did the filming and conducted the interview.

I tried to do a good job of promoting safe driving, Palatov and Stalker cars.  Hope it comes out well. If/when I get more info from them, I'll post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment